Sunday, January 17, 2016

New Year and Travel Inspiration


Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!

Well, 2015 is over and we are nearly three weeks now into 2016. As of late I’ve been doing a lot of reflection of the previous year and making goals for this one. Though it began rather disastrously and continued as such well into spring, 2015 was certainly a lot less stressful than 2014 and by the end of it I had many fun experiences and made many new friends as well.

Also I came to the realization that I’m not as alone as I once thought I was and that the fact that I am not a very “conventional” or “popular” lolita is okay. I’ve grown a lot as a person and as a fashionista, more so than previous years I think and I want to thank everyone closest to me for helping me all along the way in 2015, from my NOLA dears to my colleagues at VKH, to Timeeka, my mother and one very special individual whose name I will not mention here. >_< I think 2015 can me easily summed up in this one picture:





Lots of travel, meeting wonderful people and fantastic outfits! XD
All in all, 2015 was a good year and I’m happy with the outcome. So far in the last almost three weeks of 2016, things have been mainly positive. I dearly hope that it remains that way, for myself and all those I care about! Let’s make 2016 one badass year!!

My goals for 2016 are more or less the same as they have been in past years, gain more self esteem, learn to be more happy with myself, etc. I also hope to balance my lolita wardrobe more and to wear otome-kei more often since I’m becoming more comfortable with that style. I’ve come to terms with the fact that while I love gyaru, I simply don’t have the confidence nor the appeal to pull it off properly at this stage in my life. Maybe eventually but for the time being I want to try otome more often when not in lolita. Maybe otona-kawaii too.

Katsucon is less than a month away but even though I will be going, 90% of my focus is on my trip to Europe which is now a little less than 4 months away. I’m beginning to get a very good idea of what I’ll be doing while there and where I’ll visit. I’m going to start off in London since it’s cheaper to land there than in Amsterdam. I’ll spend a day in London, doing what I’m not fully sure yet but I know for sure I want to visit the Tower of London at some point and see Anne Boleyn’s final resting place and pay my respects to my favorite female historical figure.

After London I’ll take a train to Amsterdam and spend afew days there. I’m really looking forward to Under the Sea! I have my outfits more or less fully planned now and I’m very excited to see everyone’s amazing coords and meeting European lolitas too. I also can’t wait to meet Kimura U for the first time, she is so adorable!! *o*
Finally, soon after the Under the Sea tea party, I’ll take another train to France where my European adventure will conclude. I’ve dreamed of visiting France since I was a little girl, from watching To Catch a Thief with Grace Kelly and watching the cartoon Madeline on Disney Channel about the iconic little red headed orphan and her adventures living in a Catholic boarding school in Paris with 11 other girls. It seems so unreal that in a few months I will actually be there!

In spite of all my excitement though, I will, for the most part be taking this trip completely alone. I do hope to make new friends at Under the Sea or maybe while I’m in France, but I will still be on my own for a good portion of the trip. At first it did bother me a little but not anymore.

I’ve been watching a lot of videos of another of my female inspirations, Samantha Brown. Watching her many shows on Travel Channel were as much a part of my growing up as anything else. She is so awesome with such a great sense of humor and because she does most of her travel shows unaccompanied, she has inspired me and helped me believe that I can travel solo and not feel alone or unsafe. She really is an inspiration for any aspiring female traveler.



Samantha Brown’s Passport to Europe episode in Paris. It’s a little cliché (okay very, very cliché!) but considering this show came out in 2004 and only ran 30 minutes at a time and a proper Paris showcase would easily take at least an hour, it’s still awesome. And look! Laduree is featured! XD




Samantha Brown’s Passport to Europe London episode. Slightly less cliché. lol I do wish she had done an episode in Amsterdam though.

So yeah I’m very excited! This is going to be such an amazing trip that honestly, being alone ought to be the least of my worries. I’ll be posting more as my trip gets closer. Also I’m excited to say that this year I’ll be doing my first lolita wardrobe post! I think my wardrobe is finally as a size decent enough for an adequate wardrobe post but I will likely not be doing it until February though because I’m currently in the process of moving many things around in my house and probably won’t be done until the end of the month. I’ve been checking out many wardrobe posts from my favorite lolita’s and friends from past years for inspiration. I look forward to sharing my wardrobe with you all.

In the meantime though I hope everyone has a happy 2016 filled with happiness, prosperity, adventure and love.

Yours Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment